Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I'm Back!

Subbing sure makes me love my sarcastic and funny children that I gave birth to! 
I'm a computer teacher this week and Monday.  We are working on power points in three classes and typing in two.

My first class of the day was great and efficient.  The kids were whipping through their assignment - which isn't exactly an easy thing. 

Wait.  Strike that. It isn't an easy thing for a thirty-something who doesn't do power points but a couple times a year.  Luckily, I'm not an idiot and can follow instructions.  (I actually learned how to hyperlink today.)  Way more than I can say for the class I have right now.

Seriously?  The it took 6 times of me reading the first paragraph of the first page of the packet before they knew what I asked them to do and then, you know what the response was? 

"We don't bring pencils to this class."

Oh No Way!  You mean to tell me you can't do work because you don't have a pencil.  Uh, ask for one!!!  Yes, I had to say that.  Out loud.  Several times.  It isn't like I'm going to stand at the door of an 7th/8th grade class and hand out pencils - but if ya need one . . . just ask. 

"Stay on Task."  "I ammmmmmm!"  "I diiiiiiiiid!"

No comments:

Post a Comment