Saturday, April 23, 2011

I've been filling up time with subbing around my district.

I learn what I like and don't like in different schools and different grades.

I've taken on classes in K, 2, 2-3 split, 4-5-6 split, 7, 8, and high school English.
With each job I'm learning that the middle school is where I want to be. I have a great time relating to them and find it easy to talk to most of them right on their level.
They want someone to be sarcastic and understand it. They want to be able to get off task a little and it be okay. They want someone to allow them to go one step to far and then explain why they can't go two. They want to be comfortable in their environment without pressure and stress.

It is hard enough to be 12-14 years old. There are so many things going on and the kids are on so many different levels mentality wise. Three 12 year olds will relate to one another three different ways on three different maturity levels. Its just the way it is. All of the boys will vie for the "top dog" spot and the girls will all vie for the princess of the moment. They worry and over think. They stress and try to act passive. They are a bundle of "who am I's" and I like to be there and witness their journey.

When and if I finally get accepted to the liscensure program at my university, I will really push to be highly qualified in something so I can secure a position with these confused little adult-wanna-be's.

No comments:

Post a Comment